It’s December 1st, the last day to postmark nominations for the Pushcart Awards for 2022. The Pushcarts are a long-running, much beloved award for small press literary writing. This is our first time nominating; I’m sure it won’t be the last.
We published two issues this year: Reckoning 6, our regular annual, and a special issue, Our Beautiful Reward, themed on bodily autonomy on the occasion of the overturn of Roe v. Wade. If we’d been allowed to, we would have nominated everything, but we’re only allowed six. Our nominations, selected by our editorial staff from among both issues, are as follows.
- “oh to be” by Russell Nichols, poetry, from Reckoning 6
- “the Po’ouli” by Grace Wagner, poetry, from Reckoning 6
- “Crisis” by Jesse Nee-Vogelman, fiction, from Reckoning 6
- “After the Ban” by Linda Cooper, poetry, from Our Beautiful Reward
- “fertile week” by Leah Bobet, poetry, from Our Beautiful Reward
- “Ghazal for freshwater – wai” by Laurel Nakanishi, poetry, from Our Beautiful Reward
Good luck, friends!